Friday 30 August 2013

C-Section wound care. How I did it...



C-Section wound

You probably can’t see it, unless you stand in a mirror and lift your ‘apron’ up but the key is to; Keep it clean and dry.
Shower every day, shower the wound (Make sure you lift the apron though!) I used the tiniest bit of soap as it was August when I had my Thomas so it felt sweaty and rinse well. When out of the shower I got dry and left my scar till last then I tucked my towel under my apron and sat for a bit till I was dry. Then I got the hair dryer out, (first few days other half had to help me do this) hold the ‘Cool’ button in and dry and dry and dry till it is as dry as it can be. I found mine slightly weepy so I folded up a panty liner and put the pad on the scar and let go of the apron (which as sexy as it sounds, holds it in place.) Bridget’s on! Good to go! J
I got worried about mine though and went to the doctor, I was prescribed some Gauze and some anti-biotic ointment, which has worked wonders for me! Still carried out the instructions above and then applied the ointment. The doctor said it isn’t infected but she was worried it could become so hence why I was prescribed the ointment. The ointment is called Bactroban.

Do not do too much! Even if you think you can do it! Hoovering is a no no!! So is walking at a normal speed. Just try and relax. After all you have a new baby! Get your mum round!
My Nanna has been a great help but she said she felt like I was making her redundant as my partner was doing all the cleaning for me! I let her do my bathroom, she was well in her comfort zone! Sparkling bathroom afterwards!

Diets and especially exercise is a no! Diets is a no if you’re breastfeeding, although I haven’t got my appetite back so I have to admit it’s easy for me to turn down food/not eat it. Although when I do eat I am trying to eat good stuff and some good fats to help my milk!
Exercise… last thing on my mind and it will be if you have just had a section. Not only can exercising slow down the healing process, trying to sit up off the couch can be hard enough, never mind hitting the gym! So don’t do it! At least wait till you hit the 6 weeks mark.

 Twitter @hayley_lou3686

1 comment:

  1. :-D love the fact that you're doing a blog now, you should take some photos of Thomas looking cute in some of his outfits and say where they're from etc.... maybe a best/worst things about being pregnant... errrm, weekly or monthly updates on what Thomas has been doing xxx

    ReplyDelete