Monday 7 October 2013

Easy peasy? Nope!



Is being a Mum easy? No is the answer!

If you’re reading this because you want to start a family and want to know if you could cope or not, you could cope, of course you could. Because it is rewarding. You love your little baby more than anything in the world and if anyone tries to take that away from you, you would probably go to prison. (HA!) However, is it easy? No!
I am currently into my 7th week of motherhood. I went from a party lifestyle, doing what I wanted, smoking cigarettes, spending my money on what I wanted etc etc and now I am missing out on sleep, wearing sensible shoes, not drinking (this is because I am breastfeeding though!) quit smoking (I am glad about that) Spending most my money on Thomas and living off coffee!
Thomas is currently feeding every 4 hours and he isn’t yet sleeping through the night. My friends’ baby is though!
Being a mum is a 24 hour job
You have the quickest showers in the world.
Your house will never be as tidy as you want it to be.
The washing basket is never empty and your washer is always on the go.
You’re not that bothered how you look when you leave the house (although I do try and make an effort most days.)
You’re constantly worrying about things.
You inhale your food. Meal times will never be the same until he can eat solids.
Babies cry – A LOT!
People expect you still to be super woman!
You can’t tell someone you will be there at 10am… because in reality, you won’t!

These are just a handful of things that I have experienced. I love it, I wouldn’t change it for the world but if you reckon babies are an easy way out not to go to work or whatever, think again because they aren’t!

It is, however, extremely rewarding!
Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment